There are many advantages of social networking both personally and professionally. Social networking’s purpose is to meet, connect, re-connect, and communicate with other internet users. Networking is especially a good way to connect with other individuals sharing the same interests as you.
Interested in joining social networking websites, where do you begin? First, find a network that fits your needs pertaining to what you are looking for. There are numerous networks offering different content and purposes. Performing a simple internet search will reveal a list of sites to research. Depending on your purpose in searching for a network, some of the popular websites are:
- Facebook – Facebook is a social utility that connects people with friends and others who
- MySpace –Myspace is the leading social entertainment destination powered by the passion of fans. Music, movies, celebs, TV, and games made social.
- Orkut- Orkut is an online community designed to make your social life more active and stimulating.
- LinkedIn – The world’s largest social network with 100 million+ members | Manage your professional identity. Build and engage with your professional network. Access knowledge, insights, and opportunities.
- Stumble Upon – StumbleUpon helps you discover great websites that match your interests. Simply click the Stumble button and see the best websites.
- YouTube – YouTube is a website that allows users to upload, view, and share video clips.
- Twitter – Twitter is a real-time information network that connects you to the latest information about what you find interesting.
Advantages Of Social Networking – Profile Creation
You’ve decided the advantages of social networking make it something you are interested in pursuing. You’ve done your research and have determined which site(s) to join. First, register with each of the sites you’ve decided to join. Next, begin completing your online profile. During this process, do be mindful of the dangers of social networking, don’t include too much personal information.
One of the most important items to include within your online profile is your picture. A picture will help others to relate better with you. An image will help others feel as though they “see you” while corresponding with you. Your purpose(s) to utilize social networking, should determine the type of photo you use.
If utilizing the benefits of social networking for business purposes, use a photo that would appear to be professional. If your purpose is to meet new friends, reconnect with old friends, keep up with family members, utilize a more carefree photo of you, “being you”. For dating networks, a photo that depicts the “real you”. Do keep in mind, what photos you choose to share are visible to many different types of people. Employers are now viewing social networking sites to determine the type of person you “really” are, by what you portray on your social sites.
As you continue to complete your personal profile, be sure to add your interests, hobbies, likes, and dislikes. Each social networking site will have preset categories, as options for you to share. As you begin your social networking life, always have your personal safety at the forefront of your mind at all times.
What Are Some Of The – Advantages Of Social Networking
There are many advantages of social networking, some of the main advantages are:
- allow you to conveniently and instantly share posts, events, photos
- keep in touch with family, friends, make new friends
- dating sites offer the potential of meeting, corresponding with potentially finding love
- communicate by leaving messages for others, respond to posts by others
- upload photos and/or videos
- the social network free online communities are available, (be sure to check if there are any hidden costs)
From a business standpoint, one of the advantages of social networking is the opportunity to create another way to gain new contacts. These networks create a platform to communicate with other like-minded individuals. Bottom line, there are many social networking sites, first, determine your “why”. Next, begin to research your options, exercise caution creating your personal profile. Lastly, enjoy the experience and the many advantages of social networking.